From BEAST Software
FigTree is a graphical user-interface (GUI) application for viewing phylogenies and producing publication quality figures.
This program is available from http://tree.bio.ed.ac.uk/software/figtree
- Cross-platform graphical tree display.
- Three different tree styles: rectangular, polar and radial.
- Display of node heights, branch lengths, support values and other annotations.
- Node height range bars if available.
- Collapse of clades into triangles.
- Colouring of branches and tip labels.
- Colouring by annotation (for example, support values).
- Quick search for tip labels or partial tip labels.
- Printing and export as PDF graphics.
Known Issues in v1.0
- Loading large tree files gives no feed back and simply seizes up the program. A progress indicator is required for large files.
- Midpoint rooting seems a bit unreliable?
- Negative branch lengths are made positive - this may be confusing in some situations.
- Preferences are not implemented.
- User specified rooting of trees.
- Rotating branches.
- A citation for this program.
Return to contents
Andrew Rambaut 2006